About Us

Who We Are ?

Surgical Volunteers International was formed in 2007. Since that time we have done 8 missions treating over 400 children with clefts, burns and urological problems. We have offered surgical procedures and treatments in places like Egypt, Vietnam, Guatemala, and Colombia.

Surgical Volunteers International recruits highly skilled medical professional to travel to developing countries for the purpose of delivering surgical care to children and young adults. SVI provides all necessary equipment to provide care in a safe and effective manner. Our teams work worldwide, from Guatemala to Vietnam, from Morocco to India.

We fund 80% of all trip expenses with the volunteers funding the remaining 20%. Managing the trips in a very cost effective manner stretches our dollars to treat as many children as possible, and we never compromise the quality or safety of care delivered.

We also empower the local doctors by offering free training and education during our stay. The local doctors both observe and work hand in hand with our team. Making their doctors self-sufficient insures that whatever work we do continues after we are gone.

Cleft palates are a major problem in developing countries where there are millions of children who are suffering with unrepaired clefts. Most cannot eat or speak properly. Many are not allowed to attend school or hold a job. They face difficult lives filled with shame and isolation, pain and heartache. The good news is every single child with a cleft can be helped with surgery. We help each child recover through carefully planned reconstructive surgery.

These children get a chance not only to survive, but to thrive. After a short surgery hands them back their future, they get a chance at a normal life they never thought possible.