Planned Missions 2015
- January 2015 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Burn reconstruction
- March 2015 Port Au Prince, Haiti Cleft lip and Palate
- April. 2015 Mallappaly, Kerala , India
Planned Missions 2016
- March 2016, Vietnam
- April 16 – 22, at GMM Hospital Mallappally, Kerala, India. GMM Hospital
- Surgical Volunteers International is announcing its next mission to India in October 2016. This time we will be taking our noble cause to Karsog, Himachal Pradesh. We will be providing free general surgery to needy patients. We are also planning to develop local team with our ongoing support to become self sufficient and keep the missing going strong. Our local partner in helping us get to Himachal Pradesh is Dr. Avinash Sharma. Dr. Avinash is a well known general surgeon based out of New Delhi. Avinash has been associated with SVI for the last 10 years.
Planned Missions 2017
- Our next mission is planned for January 2017 and this time we are taking the mission to Kerala, India. We are working with different hospitals and charity organisations to finalize the venue of our mission. We are in discussion with Fr. Davis Chiramel of Kidney Federation Of India to develop an ongoing mission every quarter to serve various districts within Kerala state India .
SVI is also in discussion to plan our missions to other locations across the world. We are expecting to hold a camp in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states in India. We also would like to have our mission serve the Indian states Orissa and Uttaranchal.
- In 2017 we plan to revisit Vietnam and Mexico. Our plan to hold a camp in Arusha ,Tanzania in December 2015 was also moved to 2017.
- On another initiative, we will be continuing to provide training to our partners in Haiti in Plastic Surgery to make them self sufficient. We are also working to grow our partner GMM hospital at Mallappally, Kerala to be a continuing surgical unit supporting patients in need.